Roundabout is often looking for volunteers, in various roles across all of our services! The current available roles are listed below and are updated on a regular basis.
1. Ad-hoc Fundraising Volunteer
Main Tasks/Activities of this role: (These will depend on the event or activity that you are helping with but could include some of the below)
- Assisting with money raising through (street / event) collections
- Marshaling at events
- Helping out on stalls at events (setting up and manning)
- Bag packing (at stores where we are holding collections)
- Distributing buckets and other fundraising materials
2. Maintenance support for Future Builders Project
Purpose of role: To assist in preparation of properties for the Future Builders project to make properties ready for young people to begin semi/independent living. To support young people on site to carry out joinery, plumbing, tiling, plastering and decorating. To support the project Coordinator on site and ensure health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
Main Tasks/Activities of this role: (This role will be either accompanying paid staff or in carried out in vacant properties):
- Listening to Young people who are present when work is being carried out
- Assisting contract workers and the Project Coordinator to improve properties or make ready for clients to live more independently
- Link in with relevant key worker to identify how input will help work towards client needs.
- Assist in promoting independent living skills (general maintenance, decorating and gardening)
- To support young people to carry out works on properties safely.
- To assist in undertaking health and safety checks.
- To pass on any health and safety issues to a the Project Coordinator.
LONE WORKING ONLY BY PRIOR AGREEMENT WITH THE PROJECT MANAGER